Rolyan Aquaplast Original UltraPerf White 1.6mm Splinting Material (46cm x 61cm)
The Rolyan Aquaplast Original UltraPerf White 1.6mm Splinting Material (46cm x 61cm) is an uncoated thermoplastic splinting material which combines moderate resistance to stretch with moderate drape and good conformability. Ideal for more experienced splinters, Aquaplast Original clings to the skin while contouring, freeing up therapists’ hands during splint forming. Like all Rolyan thermoplastics, Aquaplast is latex-free, biodegradable and x-ray translucent.
- 1 x Sheet of 1.6mm Splinting Material
What Size Is the Splinting Material?
The Roylan Splinting Material measures 46 x 61cm, allowing you to cut it to the required size. It features a thickness of 1.6mm.
Who Can Use the Rolyan Aquaplast UltraPerf White?
The Rolyan Aquaplast White Splinting Material is perfect for dynamic splinting and outrigger attachments. It can also be used for a wide variety of upper and lower limb pathologies.
At just 1.6mm, this product is half the thickness and half the weight of standard 3.2mm splinting material. This makes it easy to cut when cold and ideal for paediatrics, finger splints, hand-based splints and other areas where a lightweight material is called for.
UltraPerf 13% Perforation
This version of the Aquaplast Original features UltraPerf 13% perforation. As a result, the material is lighter and provides greater ventilation for improved comfort and compliance.
Handling Characteristics of the Rolyan Aquaplast 1.6mm
- Controlled stretch, shapes easily
- Clings to the skin while contouring, providing the experienced therapist with an extra set of hands while forming the splint
- Provides the same handling properties as Aquaplast-T but bonds instantly and permanently on contact
- Great for attaching outriggers or other components
- Resists fingerprinting
Bonding of the Rolyan Aquaplast Splinting Material
The Rolyan Aquaplast should be heated for 35 seconds in water at 70 to 75°C for 1 to 2 minutes of working time.
- Bonds permanently when heated surfaces are pinched together
- Bond is especially strong if material is dry-heated
Disclaimer: Please note that this product is supplied in white, although the image above features the beige version.