Rolyan Aquaplast Resilient-T Solid White 1.6mm Splinting Material (46 x 61cm)
The Rolyan Aquaplast Resilient-T Solid White 1.6mm Splinting Material (46 x 61cm) is an extremely durable coated thermoplastic splinting material with a controlled stretch and excellent rigidity. Non-draping, this material offers some of the highest levels of control available, and features 100% memory for economical splint revision, reducing waste for less experienced therapists.
- 1 x Sheet of 1.6mm Splinting Material
What Size Is the Splinting Material?
The Roylan Splinting Material measures 46 x 61cm, allowing you to cut it to the required size. It features a thickness of 1.6mm.
Who Can Use the Aquaplast Resilient-T Solid White?
The Aquaplast Resilient-T Solid White Splinting Material is recommended the the following indications:
- Splints requiring frequent revisions and serial splinting
- Neurological pathologies
- Medium and larger splints for the upper and lower limb including fracture bracing
At just 1.6mm, this product is half the thickness and half the weight of standard 3.2mm splinting material. As such, it provides some of the highest rigidity and resistance to stretch available in a lightweight material.
Handling Characteristics of the Rolyan Aquaplast Resilient-T 1.6mm
- Maximum resistance to stretch
- A non-draping material that provides maximum control
- Features 100% memory for reheating and splint revisions, reducing waste for less experienced therapists
- Translucent when heated, allowing identification of pressure points and landmarks for positioning
Bonding of the Rolyan Aquaplast Resilient-T Splinting Material
The Rolyan Aquaplast should be heated for 35 seconds in water at 65 to 70°C for 1 to 2 minutes of working time.
- For a temporary bond, pinch heated surfaces together
- For a permanent bond, remove coating with spirits or by safely scraping with a sharp instrument