Trio Elisse Sting-Free Skin Barrier Wipes (Pack of 30)
The Trio Elisse Sting-Free Skin Barrier Wipes (Pack of 30)are sting free, silicone based protective skin wipes, targeted towards reducing discomfort from ostomy related medical adhesives and bodily waste. Irritated skin is a top complaint from those who use ostomy devices, but can be reduced or even overcome with simple measures.
Who Can Use the Trio Elisse Wipes?
These are sting free skin barrier wipes designed to sooth and prevent irritation caused by medical adhesives and bodily waste. They have a broad range of applications but have been developed with the needs of people with stomas in mind. They are, therefore, perfect for anyone who has undergone a:
What are the Features of the Trio Elisse Sting Free Skin Barrier Wipes?
The Trio Elisse wipes are one of the most convenient ways to keep the skin healthy while using an ostomy device. They combine advanced features to guarantee both passive protection and active soothing:
- A silicone formula which provides protection while still allowing the skin to breath
- Actively soothes sore and itchy skin
- Very quick drying – in just a matter of seconds – to allow a new ostomy bag to be applied immediately
- A generous amount of liquid facilitates the removal of tough adhesive and complete soothing for the affected areas
How Do the Barrier Wipes Work?
The wipes are inundated with the trio Elisse silicone formula liquid. Once applied this liquid dries quickly, forming a protective barrier between the skin and any irritants to prevent discomfort caused by bodily fluids and medical adhesive around the stoma.
Are These Wipes Hygienic?
Yes, these wipes have been designed to make ostomy bag changeover as clean and hygienic as possible, while also offering excellent skin protection.
What Are the Wipes Made From?
The Trio Barrier Wipes are designed using a silicone based formula. No other ingredients go into these wipes.
Are the Skin Barrier Wipes Easy to Use?
It couldn’t be easier to use these conventional wipes and they can be applied with almost no instruction. Simply wipe the affected areas of skin as with any disposable wipe or cloth.
Will These Wipes Help with Peristomal Rash?
Rashes on the skin around the stoma (the peristomal skin) are a common side effect of using an ostomy device. These sorts of rashes are exactly what Trio Elisse Sting Free Skin Barrier Wipes have been designed to protect against. The Trio Elisse silicone formula creates a barrier over the skin to prevent it coming into contact with irritants in medical adhesives and bodily waste.
How Are the Trio Elisse Sting Free Skin Barrier Wipes Applied?
The Skin Barrier wipes can be used before application of any ostomy device to protect vulnerable or irritated skin around the stoma. Simply:
- Remove the previous ostomy device.
- Wipe skin clean of any adhesive residue or bodily waste, ideally with the Trio Elite Adhesive Remover Wipes.
- Gently wipe down the affected areas of skin.
- Wait a few seconds for the liquid to dry.
- Apply the replacement ostomy device.