Rolyan Aquaplast-T Watercolours Metallic Blue 2.4mm Splinting Material (46 x 61cm)
The Rolyan Aquaplast-T Watercolours Metallic Blue 2.4mm Splinting Material (46 x 61cm) is a coated thermoplastic splinting material with a controlled stretch that shapes easily. With 100% memory allowing for re-moulding and splint revision, the Aquaplast-T Watercolours Splinting Material can reduce waste for less experienced therapists.
- 1 x Sheet of 2.4mm Splinting Material
What Size Is the Splinting Material?
The Roylan Splinting Material measures 46 x 61cm, allowing you to cut it to the required size. It features a thickness of 2.4mm.
Who Can Use the Rolyan Aquaplast-T Watercolours?
The Rolyan Aquaplast-T Watercolours is recommended for a number of clinical applications, including:
- Finger and hand splints requiring breathability
- Hand and upper limb splints
- Neurological, visual and attentional deficits
- Occupational splints where conventional white materials can show stains
At 2.4mm thick, this product provides moderate support with reduced weight and bulkiness. This makes it perfect for a wide range of static, dynamic or progressive splints where less weight is desired, such as in arthritis, thumb, hand, wrist and small area splints.
Available Versions of the Rolyan Aquaplast-T Watercolours Metallic Blue
The Rolyan Aquaplast-T Watercolours Metallic Blue 2.4mm Splinting Material is available with UltraPerf 13% perforation only. This makes it ideal for lightweight finger or hand splints requiring breathability.
Handling Characteristics of the Rolyan Aquaplast-T Watercolours 2.4mm
- Bright, vibrant colours encourage paediatric and adult compliance
- The optimum combination of intimate conformability and resistant stretch
- Features 100% memory allowing repeated reheating and economical splint revisions
- Edges trim easily
Bonding of the Rolyan Aquaplast-T Watercolours Splinting Material
The Rolyan Aquaplast-T Watercolours Metallic Blue 2.4mm Splinting Material should be heated for 1 minute in water at 70° – 75°C for 2 – 3 minutes of working time.
- For a temporary bond, pinch heated surfaces together
- For a permanent bond, remove the coating with spirits or by safely scraping with a sharp instrument
Disclaimer: This particular version of the Aquaplast-T Watercolours is supplied in metallic blue, though the images above display a variety of different colours which are available in the Watercolours range.