Simulaids STAT Baby Basic Manikin
Specially designed for the training of advanced life saving techniques, the Simulaids STAT Baby Basic Manikin is an ideal solution for the demonstration and practice of emergency and first-aid techniques. With a special new skin that allows for more tactile handling, this manikin has multiple features that provide realistic training including seven pulse points as well as IV access and four lead monitoring with defibrillation for up to 360 joules.
- 1 x STAT baby manikin
- IV vein replacement kit
- 12 x Replacement I/O leg bones
- 4 x Pneumothorax pads
- ECG Simulator with defib adapters
- Pulse bulb
- Reservoir bags
- Blood powder
- 2 x Sets of replacement arm and leg skins
- 2 x Syringes
- 1 x Carry bag
Who Can Use the STAT Baby Basic Manikin?
This STAT Baby Basic Manikin from Simulaids provides a comprehensive training kit that is suitable for students and practitioners in the training and practice of paediatric ALS training procedures. As such, this manikin can be used by the following:
- Medical students
- First aid trainers
- Emergency trainee doctors
Key Features and Benefits
- For the training and practice of ALS related skills
- Life-like manikin with features that make for realistic training
- Provides effective training for ALS students on babies
- Accepts LMA and ET, OPA, NPA and LT
- Three pairs of pulse locations (carotid, brachial, femoral, plus L redial)
- ECG four lead monitoring (includes ECG simulator age group specific)
- Defibrillation (20 joules to 360 joules capable)
- Chest decompression (bilateral sites; no manikin damage, pad replacement only)
- Chest tube placement (left midaxillary site, fluid return with insertion)
- Urinary catheterisation (fluid return with insertion)
- Tongue oedema and laryngospasm for life-like training
- Advanced intubation head
- PICC site right arm
- Rectal medication
- I/O leg right side
What Medical Devices Are Compatible with This Manikin?
This Simulaids manikin can be used with the following devices to practice airway maintenance procedures including:
- Endotracheal (ET) tubes
- I’gel/Laryngeal mask airway (LMA)
- Nasopharyngeal Airways (NPA)
- Oropharyngeal airway (OPA)
The STAT Baby Simulation Manikin has four limb leads that can be attached to the colour coded limb leads. To generate a rhythm through the baby’s chest, attach the ECG interactive rhythm generator to the colour coded wires that are located at the baby’s left side. (See image below for guidance).
Includes a Pneumothorax
To create air pressure in the chest, gently squeeze the bulb attached to the left side of the manikin. When inserting a needle catheter into the appropriate mid-clavicular, doing so correctly will result in a discharge of air.
An intramuscular injection site is available at the top left thigh
A subcutaneous injection site is available on the left triceps
The STAT Baby Simulation Manikin should be lubricated when inserting any devices into the mouth. Only water-based lubricants should be used and never petroleum based.
How Do I Use the Simulaids Baby Manikin?
Please refer to the user instructions below on how to use the manikin and the separate components correctly:
- Simulaids STAT Baby Basic Manikin User Instructions
How Do I Clean the Baby Manikin?
For clean and hygienic training with every use, this Simulaids Manikin can be cleaned using a solution of mild soap and warm water. Simply wipe the surface of the manikin using a damp cloth and leave to dry before storing.
How Long Will This Manikin Last?
This STAT Baby Basic Manikin from Simulaids is made using high quality materials that should provide extended use for many years to come. This manikin also comes with three-year warranty so you can have peace of mind with your purchase.