Simulaids Adult ALS Torso Manikin
The Simulaids Adult ALS Torso Manikin is an advanced training kit that is designed for the learning of advanced life support procedures. With two types of head, one arm and a number of additional features, this ALS Torso Manikin can be used by advanced life support students in the practice of airway maintenance procedures, CPR and defibrillation techniques.
- 1 x Advanced Life Support Torso
- 1 x Intubation Head
- 1 x CPR Head
- 1 x Pack of 50 Face Shields
- 1 x Carry bag
- IV Arm kit
- Right IV Arm and Hand
- ECG Interactive Rhythm Generator with Adapters (uses a 9V battery)
- Grey ECG cable with four limb leads
- Pulse bulb assembly
Who Can Use the Adult ALS Torso?
This training kit is suitable for Advanced Life Support students and practitioners including:
- Medical students
- First aid trainers
- Emergency trainee doctors
Key Features and Benefits
- For the demonstration and practice of ALS related skills
- Life-size adult torso manikin
- Effective training solution for ALS students
- For the training of CPR, defibrillation and airway maintenance procedures
- Bag valve mask for ventilation
- Blood pressure cuff placement
- Chest compression and precordial thump
- Delivery of supplemental oxygen
- Intramuscular injection site
- IV sites in the hand and arm for venepuncture
- Palpation of carotid pulse for realistic training
- Rhythm recognition featuring 17 rhythms
- Separate right and left lungs
To help with the demonstration of hand placement for accurate ALS procedure techniques, this torso manikin features the following anatomical references for user guidance:
- Rib cage
- Substernal notch
What Manoeuvres Can I Practice Using This Manikin?
The detailed features of the torso and the two heads allow students to practice airway maintenance and CPR procedures such as:
- Abdominal thrusts
- Chest thrusts
- Airway maintenance with Endotracheal (ET) tubes
- Airway maintenance with Combitubes
- Airway maintenance with Nasopharyngeal Airways (NPA)
- IV catheterisations in the lower arm
- Defibrillation with full joule level discharge
- ECG pattern recognition using the Interactive ECG Rhythm Generator
How Do I Use the Manikin?
Please refer to the user instructions below on how to use the manikin and the separate components correctly:
- Simulaids Adult ALS Torso Manikin User Instructions
How Much Detail Is Shown on the Manikin?
This Simulaids ALS Adult Torso is designed with many essential features to facilitate a comprehensive training programme. These include:
- Arytenoid cartilage
- Inflatable lungs
- Vocal cords
How Long Will This Manikin Last?
This Adult Torso Manikin is made using high quality and durable materials and comes with an additional three-years warranty for your peace of mind.