Sharpsafe 9 Litre Protected Access Sharps Container (Pack of 20)
Pharmaceutical and healthcare facilities produce large quantities of contaminated sharps waste that require safe disposal on-site. With a protected-access insert and a shielded horizontal fill area, the needle-proof Sharpsafe 9 Litre Protected Access Sharps Container (Pack of 20) are available in a range of colours for intended use, and are ideal for open access areas like A&E where members of the public are present.
- 20 x 9L Disposal Bins
Features and Benefits of the Sharpsafe 9 Litre Container
- Medical waste bins for contaminated sharps
- Ideal for the safe disposal of needles and other medical sharps
- Capacity of 9 litres for moderate applications
- Protected access insert for maximum security in public areas
- Choice of colour to highlight intended use
- Semi-translucent lid ensures contents are visible when full
- In-mould label offers permanent audit trail which cannot be removed.
- Temporary and final closures so you can prevent spillage
- Assembly is easy with just four clicks to completion
Who Can Use the Sharpsafe 9 Litre Protected Access Container?
Thanks to their its puncture-proof qualities and protected access lid, the Sharpsafe Container is particularly suited to public areas producing quantities of contaminated waste. As such, the following industries may find these bins essential:
- Open access areas like A&E departments
- Rehabilitation Clinics
- Care homes
Which Colour Should I Choose?
The Sharpsafe Sharps Container is colour-coded according to intended use. You can pick your colour using the drop-down menu above:
- Yellow: Medicinal Sharps
- Orange: Non-Medicinal Sharps
- Purple: Cyto Sharps
Why Choose Sharpsafe?
Sharpsafe are one of the UK’s most trusted manufacturers of sharps containment systems, being the only sharps containment manufacturer to incorporate translucent lids, protected access and point of use disposal. Their disposal units comply with the UK Government standard HTM 07-01: Safe Management of Healthcare Waste, and current NHS ‘point of use’ disposal guidelines.
How Safe Is the Sharpsafe 9 Litre Protected Access Container?
Resistant to sharp objects and with a 9 litre capacity, the Sharpsafe Protected Access Container is the best way to ensure safe disposal of your contaminated sharps. A wide horizontal aperture allows for easy disposal of contaminated items, while a semi-translucent lid and horizontal fill line facilitate user safety by allowing for clear indication of when the fill line is reached.
Are There Any Other 9 Litre Sharps Containers Available?
The Sharpsafe 9 Litre Sharps Container is available in two versions:
- Sharpsafe 9 Litre Protected Access Container (Pack of 20)
- Sharpsafe 9 Litre Sharps Container (Pack of 20)
We recommend the Protected Access Units for open access public areas.
- Size Dimensions: 195 x 292 x 291mm (LxWxH)
- Capacity: 9L
- Usable Capacity to Fill Line: 7.5 Litre
- Weight: 619g
Certifications Met By Sharpsafe Containers
- UN 3291 and BS EN ISO 23907:2012 standards
- HTM 07-01: Safe Management of Healthcare Waste