Sharpsafe 24 Litre Protected Access Sharps Container (Pack of 10)
Healthcare facilities produce large quantities of contaminated sharps which require safe disposal on-site. With a protected-access insert and a horizontal fill area, the puncture-proof Sharpsafe 24 Litre Protected Access Sharps Container (Pack of 10) allows you to safely dispose of used sharps in open access areas like A&E where members of the public are present.
- 10 x 24L Disposal Bins
Features and Benefits of the Sharpsafe 24 Litre Container
- Medical waste bins for contaminated sharps
- Ideal for the disposal of needles and other medical sharps
- Capacity of 24 litres for optimal fill
- Protected access insert for maximum security
- Choice of colour to highlight intended usage
- Semi-translucent lid ensures contents are visible when full
- In-mould label offers permanent audit trail which cannot be removed
- Temporary and final closure features so you can prevent spillage
- Assembly is easy with just 4 clicks to completion
Who Can Use the Sharpsafe 24 Litre Protected Access Container?
Thanks to its puncture-proof qualities and protected access lid, the Sharpsafe Container is particularly suited to public medical areas producing quantities of contaminated waste. As such, the following industries may find these bins essential:
- Open access areas like A&E departments
- Doctor’s Surgeries
- Rehabilitation Clinics
- Care Homes
- Refuse Collection
Which Colour Should I Choose?
The Sharpsafe Sharps Container is colour-coded according to intended use. You can pick your colour using the drop-down menu above:
- Yellow: Medicinal Sharps
- Orange: Non-Medicinal Sharps
- Purple: Cyto Sharps
Why Choose Sharpsafe?
Sharpsafe are one of the UK’s most trusted manufacturers of sharps containment systems, being the only sharps containment manufacturer to incorporate translucent lids, protected access and point of use disposal. Their disposal units comply with the UK Government standard HTM 07-01: Safe Management of Healthcare Waste, and current NHS ‘point of use’ disposal guidelines.
How Safe Is the Sharpsafe 24 Litre Protected Access Container?
With a welded construction resistant to punctures and a 24 litre capacity, the Sharpsafe Protected Access Container is the best way to ensure safe disposal of your contaminated sharps. A wide horizontal aperture allows for easy disposal of contaminated items, while a semi-translucent lid and horizontal fill line facilitate user safety by allowing for clear indication of when the fill line is reached.
Are There Any Other 24 Litre Sharps Containers Available?
The Sharpsafe 24 Litre is available in two variants:
- Sharpsafe 24 Litre Protected Access Container (Pack of 10)
- Sharpsafe 24 Litre Container (Pack of 15)
We recommend the Protected Access Units for open access public areas.
- Size Dimensions: 335 x 230 x 450mm (LxWxH)
- Capacity: 24L
- Usable Capacity to Fill Line: 18.7 Litre
- Weight: 1.073kg
Certifications Met By Sharpsafe Containers
- UN 3291 and BS EN ISO 23907:2012 standards
- HTM 07-01: Safe Management of Healthcare Waste