Sharpsafe 13 Litre Protected Access Sharps Container (Pack of 20)
Contaminated waste in pharmaceutical and healthcare industries often consists of sharp needlesticks and used syringes which require careful disposal. Dispose of your contaminated sharps safely and efficiently with our Sharpsafe 13 Litre Protected Access Sharps Container (Pack of 20), a pack of 20 waste bins certified to the latest NHS and UK Government guidelines, now with fitted one-way inserts for additional security.
- 20 x 13L Disposal Bins
Features and Benefits of the Sharpsafe 13 Litre Container
- Medical waste disposal bins for contaminated waste
- Capacity of 13 litres for optimal utility
- Ideal for the disposal of needles and other medical sharps
- Protected access insert for added security in public access areas
- Choice of colour to highlight intended use
- Pivot flap ensures safe disposal
- Semi-translucent lid allows you to know when container is full
- In-mould label offers permanent audit trail which cannot be removed
- Temporary and final closure features so you can prevent spillage
- Assembly is easy with just 4 clicks to completion
Who Can Use the Sharpsafe 13 Litre Sharps Container?
Thanks to their protected access insert and 13 litre size, the Sharpsafe Sharps Container is particularly suited to public-access areas producing quantities of contaminated sharps. As such, the following industries may find these bins essential:
- Open Access Areas (for example A&E departments)
- Doctor’s Surgeries
- Rehabilitation Clinics
- Care Homes
Which Colour Should I Choose?
The Sharpsafe Sharps Container is colour-coded according to intended use. You can pick your colour using the drop-down menu above:
- Yellow: Medicinal Sharps
- Orange: Non-Medicinal Sharps
- Purple: Cyto Sharps
Why Choose Sharpsafe?
Sharpsafe are one of the UK’s most trusted manufacturers of sharps containment systems, being the only sharps containment manufacturer to incorporate translucent lids, protected access and point of use disposal. Their disposal units comply with the UK Government standard HTM 07-01: Safe Management of Healthcare Waste, and current NHS ‘point of use’ disposal guidelines.
How Safe Is the Sharpsafe 13 Litre Sharps Container?
Resistant to sharp points, and with a 13 litre capacity, the Sharpsafe Sharps Container is the best way to ensure safe disposal of your contaminated syringes and needles. A wide horizontal aperture allows for easy disposal of large items, while a semi-translucent lid fitted with a protected access insert ensures safety in public areas.
Are There Any Other 13 Litre Containers Available?
The Sharpsafe 13 Litre Container is available in two variants:
- 13 Litre Protected Access Container (Pack of 20)
- 13 Litre Container (Pack of 20)
We recommend the Protected Access Containers for open access public areas.
We recommend the Protected Access Units for open access public areas.
- Dimensions: 195 x 292 x 195mm (LxWxH)
- Capacity: 13L
- Usable Capacity to Fill Line: 10.4 Litre
- Weight: 709g
Certifications Met By Sharpsafe Containers:
- UN 3291 and BS EN ISO 23907:2012 standards
- HTM 07-01: Safe Management of Healthcare Waste