Rolyan Aquaplast-T OptiPerf 1.6mm Splinting Material (46 x 61cm)
The Rolyan Aquaplast-T OptiPerf 1.6mm Splinting Material (46 x 61cm) is a coated thermoplastic splinting material with moderate resistance to stretch. Providing the optimum combination of intimate conformability and resistant stretch, Aquaplast-T becomes translucent when heated, allowing easier identification of pressure points and landmarks for positioning in order to provide maximum comfort.
- 1 x Sheet of 1.6mm Splinting Material
What Size Is the Splinting Material?
The Roylan Splinting Material measures 46 x 61cm, allowing you to cut it to the required size. It features a thickness of 1.6mm.
Who Can Use the Rolyan Aquaplast-T?
The Rolyan Aquaplast-T is recommended for a number of clinical applications, including:
- Serial splints
- Hand, wrist, finger and thumb splints
- Dynamic outrigger bases
- Elbow splints using the pinch and pop technique
At just 1.6mm, this product is half the thickness and half the weight of standard 3.2mm splinting material. This makes it easy to cut when cold and ideal for paediatrics, finger splints, hand-based splints and other areas where a lightweight material is called for.
OptiPerf 19% Perforation
This version of the Aquaplast-T splinting material features a 19% OptiPerf perforation pattern. This provides superior ventilation for comfort while maintaining material strength and easy edge finishing.
Handling Characteristics of the Rolyan Aquaplast-T 1.6mm
- Optimum combination of intimate conformability and resistant stretch
- Features 100% memory, allowing repeated reheating and economical splint revisions
- OptiPerf 19% perforation pattern provides superior ventilation for comfort while maintaining material strength and easy edge finishing
- Translucent when heated
- Edges trim easily
Bonding of the Rolyan Aquaplast-T Splinting Material
The Rolyan Aquaplast-T OptiPerf 1.6mm Splinting Material should be heated for 35 seconds in water at 70° – 75°C for 1 – 2 minutes of working time.
- For a temporary bond, pinch heated surfaces together
- For a permanent bond, remove the coating with spirits or by safely scraping with a sharp instrument