Rolyan Tailorsplint Solid Beige 2.4mm Splinting Material (46 x 61cm)
Rolyan Tailorsplint Solid Beige 2.4mm Splinting Material (46 x 61cm) features a controlled stretch that shapes easily. Handling well, the Tailorsplint is suitable for suitable for a variety of static, dynamic and progressive splints and can be used by both novice and experience splinters.
The splinting material is available as either a single sheet or a pack of four sheets. Your required option can be selected from the drop-down menu at the top of the page.
What Size Is the Splinting Material?
The Rolyan Splinting Material measures 46 x 61cm, allowing you to cut it to the required size. It features a thickness of 2.4mm.
Who Can Use the Rolyan Tailorsplint Solid Beige?
The Rolyan Tailorsplint Beige Splinting Material is suitable for the following:
- Acute trauma
- Pain and joint pathologies
- Neurological pathologies
- Wide variety of upper and lower splints
- Dynamic outrigger base
The Rolyan Tailorsplint Splinting Material features a perfect balance between moderate resistance to stretch, moderate drape and good conformability, meaning that it is a versatile material suitable for most clinical applications. This can help medical facilities save space as fewer materials – and therefore less storage space – will be required. In addition, thanks to 1% perforation, this material can provide improved ventilation and comfort without compromising rigidity.
Handling Characteristics of the Rolyan Tailorsplint 2.4mm
- Adapts effectively to a wide range of applications from hand splints to larger orthosis – few materials and storage space required
- Perfect balance between moderate resistance to stretch, moderate drape and good conformability
- Handles well, suitable for the novice and experienced splinter
- Powdered smooth finish – increased patient comfort and compliance
- Self-finishing edges trim easily
- Coated, allowing temporary bonds
- Perforated for improved ventilation and comfort
Bonding of the Rolyan Tailorsplint Splinting Material
The Rolyan Tailorsplint should be heated for one minute in water at 70 to 75°C for 2 to 3 minutes of working time.
- For a temporary bond, pinch heated surfaces together
- For a permanent bond, remove the coating with spirits or by safely scraping with a sharp instrument
Disclaimer: Please note that this product is supplied in beige, although some of the images above feature a white version (not available).