Rolyan Aquaplast-T UltraPerf 2.0mm Splinting Material (46 x 61cm)
The Rolyan Aquaplast-T UltraPerf 2.0mm Splinting Material (46 x 61cm) is a coated thermoplastic splinting material with moderate resistance to stretch. Providing the optimum combination of intimate conformability and resistant stretch, Aquaplast-T becomes translucent when heated, allowing easier identification of pressure points and landmarks for positioning to provide maximum comfort.
- 1 x Sheet of 2.0mm Splinting Material
What Size Is the Splinting Material?
The Roylan Splinting Material measures 46 x 61cm, allowing you to cut it to the required size. It features a thickness of 2.0mm.
Who Can Use the Rolyan Aquaplast-T?
The Rolyan Aquaplast-T is recommended for a number of clinical applications, including:
- Serial splints
- Hand, wrist, finger and thumb splints
- Dynamic outrigger bases
- Elbow splints using the pinch and pop technique
Thin, Lightweight Material
At 2.0mm, this product is thinner than standard splinting material, providing moderate support while remaining lightweight and easy to cut when cold. Rolyan Aquaplast-T 2.0mm is ideal for paediatrics, finger and hand based splints and other areas requiring lightweight support.
UltraPerf 13% Perforation
This version of the Aquaplast-T splinting material features a 13% UltraPerf perforation pattern. This allows the material to ventilate, increasing comfort and compliance without loss of rigidity. As a result, the Rolyan Aquaplast-T UltraPerf is ideal for lightweight finger or hand splints requiring breathability.
Handling Characteristics of the Rolyan Aquaplast-T 2.0mm
- Optimum combination of intimate conformability and resistant stretch
- Features 100% memory, allowing repeated reheating and economical splint revisions
- UltraPerf 13% perforation pattern is ideal for lightweight finger or hand splints requiring breathablity
- Translucent when heated
- Edges trim easily
Bonding of the Rolyan Aquaplast-T Splinting Material
The Rolyan Aquaplast-T UltraPerf 2.0mm Splinting Material should be heated for one minute in water at 70 – 75°C for 2 – 3 minutes of working time.
- For a temporary bond, pinch heated surfaces together
- For a permanent bond, remove the coating with spirits or by safely scraping with a sharp instrument