Rolyan Aquaplast Original Solid White 1.6mm Splinting Material (46cm x 61cm)
Rolyan Aquaplast Original Solid White 1.6mm Splinting Material (46cm x 61cm) is an uncoated thermoplastic splinting material which combines moderate resistance to stretch with moderate drape and good conformability. Ideal for more experienced splinters, Aquaplast Original clings to the skin while contouring, freeing up therapists’ hands during splint forming. Like all Rolyan thermoplastics, Aquaplast is latex-free, biodegradable and x-ray translucent.
- 1 x Sheet of 1.6mm Splinting Material
What Size Is the Splinting Material?
The Roylan Splinting Material measures 46 x 61cm, allowing you to cut it to the required size. It features a thickness of 1.6mm.
Who Can Use the Rolyan Aquaplast Solid White?
The Rolyan Aquaplast Splinting Material is perfect for dynamic splinting and outrigger attachments. It can also be used on a wide variety of upper and lower limb pathologies.
At just 1.6mm, this product is half the thickness and half the weight of standard 3.2mm splinting material. This makes it easy to cut when cold and ideal for paediatrics, finger splints, hand-based splints and other areas where a lightweight material is required.
Handling Characteristics of the Rolyan Aquaplast 1.6mm
- Controlled stretch, shapes easily
- Clings to the skin while contouring, providing the experienced therapist with an extra set of hands while forming the splint
- Provides the same handling properties as Aquaplast-T but bonds instantly and permanently on contact
- Great for attaching outriggers or other components
- Resists fingerprinting
Bonding of the Rolyan Aquaplast Splinting Material
The Rolyan Aquaplast should be heated for 35 seconds in water at 70 to 75°C for 1 to 2 minutes of working time.
- Bonds permanently when heated surfaces are pinched together
- Bond is especially strong if material is dry-heated