Physiology of Nerves Model
The Physiology of Nerves Model comprises a unique set of five models, displaying the basic structures of the human nervous system. Each of the five sections of the nerve model shows a plastic coloured relief model of the main synapse variations. All sections of the nerve physiology series can magnetically attach to the illustrated base, which depicts the neural components in vivid colours.
Contents of the Physiology of Nerves Model
The Nerve Physiology model set contains the following sections:
- Neuron Cell Body – Typical neuron body with cell organelles, for example mitochondria and many other characteristics of human cell, are visible through a removable transparent cover. The edge of the cell body also shows the synapses of connected neurons.
- Myelin Sheaths of the CNS – This model shows the glial cells which build the insulating layer around the axons of the central nervous system.
- Schwann Cells of the PNS – Depicts a Schwann cell with sectioned core.
- Motor End Plate – Neuromuscular junction with striated muscle fibre is depicted.
- Synapse – Featuring the endoplasmic reticulum, mitochondria and the membranes of the synaptic gap.
The series also depicts five smaller relief models of the main synapse variations, making it a great tool for teaching the anatomy and physiology of the human nervous system.
Features of the Physiology of Nerves Model
- Unique set of five models displaying the basic structures of the nervous system
- Great for teaching the anatomy and physiology of the human nervous system
- All sections can magnetically attach to the illustrated base
- Base depicts the neural components in vivid colours for a visually interesting experience
- Also features five smaller relief models of the main synapse variations
Specifications of the Model
- Dimensions: 68 x 51 x 3cm
- Weight: 4.2kg