Life/Form Special Needs Infant Manikin (Dark Female)
Specially designed for the practice and demonstration of both advanced and basic medical procedures on infants with special needs, the Life/Form Special Needs Infant Manikin (Dark Female) is an advanced training tool for use by trainee medics, nurses and midwives. With a number of features including a moveable head, arms and legs, this manikin provides realistic training for a number of medical procedures like tracheostomy and gastrostomy as well as more general healthcare techniques like bathing and nappy changing.
- 1 x Special needs infant assembled with movable arms, legs and head (Dark female)
- 1 x Internal nasogastric tube and reservoir bag
- 1 x Gastrostomy reservoir bag
- 1 x Catheter bladder tube
- 1 x Tracheostomy site
- 1 x External colostomy stoma
- 1 x Back panel enclosure
- 1 x White diaper
- 1 x 4oz / 125ml squeeze bottle
- 1 x Soft carry bag
- 1 x Warranty card
- 1 x Instruction manual
Who Can Use the Life/Form Special Needs Infant Manikin?
Specially designed to aid in the training of a wide range of medical and care procedure on special needs infants, this Life/Form Special Infant Manikin is suitable for the following users:
- Healthcare professionals
Key Features and Benefits
- For basic and advanced medical procedure training on special needs infants
- Weighs in at 2.8lbs and is 21″ in length with a 14.5″ head circumference
- Ideal for medical students, nurses and trainers
- Made using high quality materials for extended training
- Five-year warranty included
What Procedures Can Be Practiced with This Manikin?
Providing application for a wide range of training activities, the Life/Form Special Needs Manikin allows healthcare facilities and medical staff to teach general care techniques including bathing, diapering and various dressing changes. In addition, more advanced procedures can be taught such as:
- Tracheostomy care (lavage and suctioning) – size 3mm neonatal
- Gastrostomy care (lavage and gavage) – size 14FR
- Nasogastric care (placement, lavage, gavage and suctioning) – size 8FR or smaller
- Urethra catheterization (insertion, placement and care) – size 8FR
- Colostomy stoma, non-functioning (attachment of ostomy bag and basic care only)
How Do I Use the Manikin?
For detailed guidance on how to use the manikin for effective training every time, please refer to the manual below:
- User Instruction Manual
What Medical Devices Can Be Used with this Manikin?
The following medical devices can be used to perform a variety of advanced procedures on the Life/Form infant manikin:
- Tracheostomy tube
- Suction catheter
- Gastrostomy tube
- Nasogastric tube
- Urethral catheter
Please note that tracheostomy and gastrostomy tubes are not included in this kit.
How Do I Clean the Manikin?
For hygienic training with each use, you can clean this manikin using a soft cloth and warm soapy water.
Care and Maintenance of the Tracheostomy Care Manikin
- Solvents or corrosive materials will damage the manikin and must not be used
- Never place manikin on any printed materials and they can transfer indelible stains
- When not in continuous use, it is recommended to store the manikin in the carry bag or cover with a cloth
How Long Will This Manikin Last?
Made with longevity in mind, this Life/Form infant manikin is made using high quality materials that are durable and so should provide extended use for many years to come. This product also comes with five-year warranty for your peace of mind.
How Big Is the Packaging Box?
- Dimensions: 58 x 43 x 22cm
- Weight: 3.5kg
What Other Life/Form Products Are Available?
With over 20 years experience in healthcare simulation, Life/Form are a leading brand in medical and first aid training tools. You can browse our range of Life/Form Manikins and Trainers on our website.