Life/Form Micro Preemie Intubation Simulator (Dark)
Ideal for the training of a number of medical procedures like intubation and stoma care, the Life/Form Micro Preemie Intubation Simulator (Dark) is an ideal demonstration tool for medical trainers. With realistic features, this device can be used by midwives, medical students and paediatricians for the practice of vital medical techniques as well as more general baby care such as bathing and nappy changing on premature infants.
- Micro Preemie simulator
- Hat (colour may vary)
- Neural tube defect
- Bilateral chest block
- Unilateral chest block
- 3cc syringe
- 25-gauge butterfly needle
- Blood powder
- Bulb and tube assembly
Who Can Use the Micro Preemie Simulator?
Specially designed to aid in the training of medical care for premature infants, this manikin is suitable for the following:
- Medical students
- NICU (New-born intensive care unit)
- Nursing schools
Key Features and Benefits
- Intubation and medical care training for premature infants
- Ideal for medical students, midwives and nurses
- Soft and flexible for easy handling
- Ideal for medical students and midwives
- Realistic proportions for a life-like training experience
- Replaceable airways for prolonged use of manikin
- Two different lung blocks to simulate bilateral expansion and a collapsed lung
- Umbilical stump has one functional vessel that fits into the abdomen
- The umbilicus reservoir can be used to either draw or receive fluids with a maximum capacity of 5cc
- The non-functional stoma can be positioned externally or pulled out and reinserted with the skin
- Four moulded IV sites in the right scalp, right foot, left arm and left hand
- Five-year warranty included
How Do I Use the Manikin?
For detailed guidance on how to use the manikin, please refer to the user manual below:
- User Instruction Manual
What Procedures Can Be Performed with the Preemie Simulator?
Providing application for a number of medical procedures as well as more general baby care, this Life/Form simulator can be used as a teaching aid for the following:
- Airway breathing and ventilation
- Stoma care
- IV transfusion
- Chest tube insertion
- Simulated breathing
- Skin and wound care
What Devices Are Compatible with the Micro Preemie Manikin?
To facilitate more versatile training, this manikin can be connected to the following monitors, sensors and electrodes:
- This Preemie baby will accept a functioning 2.5mm I.D. endotracheal tube (not included) with #0 Miller Blade
- The left nostril will accept a 5FR nasogastric feeding tube (not provided)
- A permanent site in the baby’s right side accepts a non-functioning 8-10FR chest tube for placement and care practice
How Long Will the Life/Form Manikin Last?
Made with durability in mind, this Life/Form Micro Preemie Simulator is made using high quality materials that allow for extended use for many training sessions to come. This product also comes with five-year warranty for your peace of mind.
How Do I Clean the Preemie Manikin?
For clean and hygienic training every time, you can wash the manikin in soap and hot water before leaving to air dry. This manikin is also fully immersible.
Maintenance and Care
- As the arms and legs of the baby manikin are flexible, avoid forcing them into extreme positions
- Baby powder can be applied to the baby and its components for a less tacky skin surface
Do You Sell Other Life/Form Products?
With over 20 years experience in healthcare simulation, Life/Form are a leading brand in medical and first aid training tools. You can browse our range of Life/Form Manikins and Trainers on our website.