Leukoplast Leukomed Sorbact Waterproof Dressings for Infected Wounds (Pack of Three)
The Leukomed Sorbact Waterproof Dressings for Infected Wounds are impermeable to water, and help to remove bacteria from wounds, assisting with the healing process. The powerful adhesive ensures a secure, long-lasting fit while the unique blue strip release mechanism allows for quick and simple application, which can even be done one-handed.
With your purchase you will receive:
- 3 x Leukoplast Sorbact Waterproof Dressings (8 x 10cm)
Key Features of the Leukomed Sorbact Waterproof Dressings
- Latex-free; ideal for those with allergies
- Removes bacteria from infected wounds using microbial binding technology
- Waterproof films allows users to wash and shower
- Breathable and absorbent for added comfort
- Easily applied with long lasting adhesion
- Sterile dressing provides safety and protection for infected wounds
- Prevents infection and contamination
- Highly effective protection for infected wounds and injuries
- Each dressing measures 8 x 10cm
Microbial Binding Technology
Leukomed Sorbact’s microbial binding technology safely and effectively binds bacteria and fungi without the use of a chemically active agent. The infection management mechanism acts to minimise the risk of infection and remove bacteria from infected wounds and injuries.
How Do I Apply Leukomed Waterpoof Dressings?
To begin, remove the dressing from the pouch. Then you can follow the below instructions:
- Hold the wound dressing at the blue strip. Remove the first part of the release paper (Fig. 1)
- Apply the dressing carefully but firmly on top of the wound. Remove the second part of the release paper (Fig. 2 & 3)
- Smooth the film securely to the skin, especially around the edges. (Fig. 2 & 3)
- Carefully remove the application layer, using the blue handling strip. Slowly pull it backwards, in parallel to the skin. Do not pull upwards (Fig. 4)
- To painlessly and gently remove the dressing, stretch it at one corner and pull it towards you.
Comfort and Long Lasting Protection
The breathable Leukomed Sorbact Dressings utilise a waterproof adhesive film to provide secure and long lasting protection. The strong adhesive ensures the dressing can be used during a range of activities, even showering.
How Long Can Leukomed Sorbact Wound Dressings be Worn For?
Although the amount of time that this dressing can be applied for differs per person, it is estimated that it should last for around seven days once applied. However, this can differ depending on the extent of the injury, the activity level of the patient and any friction caused on the wound during recovery.