Rolyan Aquaplast-T Solid 3.2mm Splinting Material (61 x 91cm)
The Rolyan Aquaplast-T Solid 3.2mm Splinting Material (61 x 91cm) is a coated thermoplastic splinting material with moderate resistance to stretch. Providing the optimum combination of intimate conformability and resistant stretch, Aquaplast-T becomes translucent when heated, allowing easier identification of pressure points and landmarks for positioning to provide maximum comfort.
- 1 x Sheet of 3.2mm Splinting Material
What Size Is the Splinting Material?
The Roylan Splinting Material measures 61 x 91cm, allowing you to cut it to the required size. It features a thickness of 3.2mm.
Who Can Use the Rolyan Aquaplast-T?
The Rolyan Aquaplast-T is recommended for a number of clinical applications, including:
- Serial splints
- Hand, wrist, finger and thumb splints
- Dynamic outrigger bases
- Elbow splints using the pinch and pop technique
Stability and Firm Support
At 3.2mm thick, this product is the traditional thickness for splints, providing stability and firm support. This makes the material well-suited for a number of functions, including positioning and holding joints, aiding abnormal tone, contractures and fracture bracing. In general, the Rolyan Aquaplast-T 3.2mm is ideal for static, dynamic and progressive splinting of the upper and lower extremities. In addition, this material features 1% perforation, allowing slight ventilation for added comfort without compromising rigidity.
Handling Characteristics of the Rolyan Aquaplast-T 3.2mm
- Optimum combination of intimate conformability and resistant stretch
- Features 100% memory, allowing repeated reheating and economical splint revisions
- With 1% perforation for slight ventilation and improved comfort without compromising rigidity
- Translucent when heated
- Edges trim easily
Bonding of the Rolyan Aquaplast-T Splinting Material
The Rolyan Aquaplast-T Solid 3.2mm Splinting Material should be heated for one minute in water at 70° – 75°C for 4 – 6 minutes of working time.
- For a temporary bond, pinch heated surfaces together
- For a permanent bond, remove the coating with spirits or by safely scraping with a sharp instrument