Rat Brain Comparative Anatomy Model
The Rat Brain Comparative Anatomy Model shows a rat brain which has been enlarged approximately six times. Sectioned medially, it can be disassembled into two halves. The right half of the model shows the structures of the cerebrum, cerebellum and brain stem, each of which is colour-coded for educational purposes (cerebrum = pink, cerebellum = blue, brain stem = yellow), both externally and in the median section.
The left half of the model is largely transparent, revealing a view of the coloured left lateral ventricle and hippocampus, which can also be seen in the median section. For purposes of comparison, a natural cast of a rat brain and a pedagogic, small-scale illustration of a human brain in median section are shown on the base, with the same colour coding used for the various regions.
Features of the Rat Brain Model
- Rat brain model with approx. 6 times magnification
- Sectioned medially, and can be disassembled into two halves
- Different structures are colour-coded for easy identification and teaching
- Left half is largely transparent to reveal structures inside the brain
- Natural cast of a rat brain and small-scale model of a human brain are included
- Mounted on a base for display and storage purposes
Specifications of the Rat Brain Model
- Dimensions: 14 x 10 x 16cm
- Weight: 0.24kg