Life/Form Special Needs Infant Manikin (Light Male)
The Life/Form Special Needs Infant Manikin (Light Male) is an advanced training tool for the practical application and demonstration of a wide range of medical procedures on special needs infants at both basic and advanced levels. With a wide range of life-like features that simulate a more realistic training experience, this Special Needs Manikin can be used by medical trainers and students alike in the practice of tracheostomy, gastrostomy as well as more general care activities like bathing and nappy changing.
- 1 x Special needs infant assembled with movable arms, legs and head (Light male)
- 1 x Internal nasogastric tube and reservoir bag
- 1 x Gastrostomy reservoir bag
- 1 x Catheter bladder tube
- 1 x Tracheostomy site
- 1 x External colostomy stoma
- 1 x Back panel enclosure
- 1 x White diaper
- 1 x 4oz / 125ml squeeze bottle
- 1 x Soft carry bag
- 1 x Warranty card
- 1 x Instruction manual
Who Can Use the Life/Form Special Needs Infant Manikin?
With a range of features that allow for the application of a wide range of medical procedures and techniques, this Life/Form Special Needs Infant Manikin is suitable for the following users:
- Medical students
- Healthcare professionals
Key Features and Benefits
- For the practice of basic and advanced medical procedures on special needs infants
- Manikin weighs 2.8lbs and is 21″ in length with a 14.5″ head circumference
- Ideal for medical students, nurses and trainers
- Life-life anatomical features for realistic training
- Made using high quality materials for extended use
- Five-year warranty included
What Procedures Can be Practiced with this Manikin?
Specially designed to aid in the practice of a number of healthcare techniques at both basic and advanced levels, this Life/Form Special Needs Manikin allows healthcare facilities and medical staff to teach general care including bathing, diapering and various dressing changes. In addition, more advanced procedures can be taught such as:
- Tracheostomy care (lavage and suctioning) – size 3mm neonatal
- Gastrostomy care (lavage and gavage) – size 14FR
- Nasogastric care (placement, lavage, gavage and suctioning) – size 8FR or smaller
- Urethra catheterization (insertion, placement and care) – size 8FR
- Colostomy stoma, non-functioning (attachment of ostomy bag and basic care only)
How Do I Use the Manikin?
For detailed and thorough guidance on how to use the manikin for effective training every time, please refer to the manual below:
- User Instruction Manual
What Medical Devices Can Be Used with this Manikin?
The following medical devices can be used to perform various advanced procedures on the Life/Form infant manikin:
- Tracheostomy tube
- Suction catheter
- Gastrostomy tube
- Nasogastric tube
- Urethral catheter
Please note that tracheostomy and gastrostomy tubes are not included in this kit.
How Do I Clean the Manikin?
To clean the manikin, simply wipe the surface of the manikin using a soft cloth and mild soapy water.
Care and Maintenance of the Tracheostomy Care Manikin
- Solvents or corrosive materials will damage the manikin and must not be used
- Never place manikin on any printed materials and they can transfer indelible stains
- When not in continuous use, it is recommended to store the manikin in the carry bag or cover with a cloth
How Long Will This Manikin Last?
Made using durable materials, this Life/Form Infant Manikin will provide extended wear for many training sessions to come. This product also comes with five-year warranty so you can have peace of mind with your purchase.
What Other Life/Form Products Are Available?
With over 20-years experience in healthcare simulation, Life/Form are a leading brand in the production of high quality medical and first aid training tools. You can browse our range of Life/Form Manikins and Trainers for information about the products available on our website.
How Big Is the Packaging Box?
- Dimensions: 58 x 43 x 22cm
- Weight: 3.5kg