The Humerus Orthobone, available as both the left and right humerus, is a high quality anatomical model cast from a real specimen. The impressive realism lies within the two part construction, with a hard, outer cortical shell and a softer, inner cancellous bone.
The humerus bone can be used, for example, by surgeons and orthopedists to practice correcting arm fractures. It may also be used by medical engineers to demonstrate new medical devices. Screws, implants and plates can be used on the model, as well as high contrast x-rays.
Orthobones are the most advanced simulated bones on the market, making fantastic aids to demonstrations and training within the medical profession.
Features of the Humerus Orthobone
- High quality product
- Anatomically correct
- Realistic features – excellent biomechanical characteristics
- Strength properties similar to real bones
- Dual component composition – cortical and cancellous bone
- High contrast x-rays possible
- Can be used with screws, implants and plates
Benefits of Orthobones
Throughout the world, surgeons and medical engineers are taking advantage of the newly developed Orthobones. Orthobones are premium class workshop bones designed for all orthopaedic surgical training needs. Cast from real specimen, these are quality simulated, anatomically correct bone models: the most advanced simulated bones on the market.
The shape and physical properties of Orthobones are like those of a genuine human bone, with excellent mechanical characteristics and an innovative production process. The key to the impressive similarity to real bones lies in the multi-layered construction of cortical and cancellous bones.
The Orthobones can be used for all your workshop and training needs. The models are made from a special mixture of plastics which enables the use of imaging procedures, such as x-rays, without any pre-processing of the material.
Screws can also be secured to the rigid cortical bone, and implants and plates can be used on it, making Orthobones fantastic for realistic surgical training.
Uses of Orthobones
The premium class Orthobones have numerous uses and are incredibly useful structures to those within the medical profession, such as surgeons, medical engineers and professors. Such indications include:
- Demonstrations – allow you to easily and effectively demonstrate placements of plates, screws and implants
- Training – keep surgical training as realistic as possible with high quality simulated bone material
- Implant technology – test and train the placement of implants and medical devices
- Large workshops
- Osteosynthetic procedures
- Medical education – aids anatomy studies