Cutimed Alginate Wound Dressing
The Cutimed Alginate Wound Dressing is designed for shallow or deep wounds with moderate to high levels of wound fluid (exudate). The dressing helps to turn this fluid into gel to ensure you maintain a moist wound environment, helping the healing process.
Size and Quantity Information
The Cutimed Alginate Dressing is available in a range of sizes and pack quantities. Please see below for more information, then select your required option from the drop-down menu at the top of the page.
|Dressing Size (cm)||Quantity Per Box|
|5cm x 5cm||10 Dressings|
|10cm x 10cm||10 Dressings|
|10cm x 20cm||10 Dressings|
|2.5cm x 30cm (Flat Rope)||5 Dressings|
Which Conditions Can the Dressing Be Used For?
The Cutimed Wound Dressing is suitable for moderate to heavily exudating wounds as well as shallow and deep wounds. Indications include the following:
- Acute wounds, such as skin donor sites, abrasions and lacerations, and superficial and partial thickness burns
- Chronic wounds, such as venous, pressure, arterial, and diabetic ulcers
How Does the Cutimed Alginate Dressing Work?
By exchanging calcium ions from the dressing with the sodium ions in the wound exudate, the Cutimed Alginate Wound Dressing transforms into a moistening gel. This ensures the wound environment remains moist, helping to improve the healing process.
Who Can Use the Cutimed Wound Dressing?
The Cutimed Wound Dressing is designed for use by doctors, nurses, and other medical professionals working with patients who require dressings for exudate wounds. As it is provided in a range of sizes, it is suitable for a wide range of patient needs.
What Are the Benefits of the Dressing?
The Cutimed Alginate Wound Dressing provides the following benefits:
- Exudite Retention: The gel retains exudite, and this reduces the risk of leakage while helping the patient to remain active where possible.
- Haemostatic Properties: Due to the calcium ion release, the dressing provides a haemostatic effect to help reduce or prevent bleeding.
- High Absorption: In addition to reducing leaking, the high absorption rate reduces the number of dressing changes required.
- Maintains a Moist Environment: By helping the wound to maintain a moist environment, the dressing facilitates healing.
- Removes Bacteria: When bacteria is trapped in the gel layer, they are removed easily when the dressing is changed.
How Absorbent Is the Dressing?
The Cutimed dressing is highly absorbent. The alginate component allows it to absorb up to 20 times its own weight in exudate.
Can the Cutimed Wound Dressing Be Cut?
Yes, the wound dressing can be cut to size for a better fit. The fibres are highly flexible for improved conformity.
What Is the Cutimed Dressing Made From?
The Cutimed Wound Dressing is a calcium sodium alginate made from 80% calcium and 20% sodium. It is made out of natural seaweed.