Rolyan Tailorsplint Solid Beige 1.6mm Splinting Material (31 x 46cm)
The Rolyan Tailorsplint Solid Beige 1.6mm Splinting Material (31 x 46cm) features a controlled stretch that shapes easily. Handling well, the Tailorsplint is suitable for suitable for a variety of static, dynamic and progressive splints and can be used by both novice and experience splinters.
The splinting material is available as either a single sheet or a pack of four sheets. Your required option can be selected from the drop-down menu at the top of the page.
What Size Is the Splinting Material?
The Rolyan Splinting Material measures 31 x 46cm, allowing you to cut it to the required size. It features a thickness of 1.6mm.
Who Can Use the Rolyan Tailorsplint Solid Beige?
The Rolyan splinting material is suitable for the following:
- Acute trauma
- Pain and joint pathologies
- Neurological pathologies
- Wide variety of upper and lower splints
- Dynamic outrigger base
The Rolyan Tailorsplint Splinting Material features a perfect balance between moderate resistance to stretch, moderate drape and good conformability, meaning that it is a versatile material suitable for most clinical applications. This can help medical facilities save space as fewer materials – and therefore less storage space – will be required.
Handling Characteristics of the Rolyan Tailorsplint 1.6mm
- Adapts effectively to a wide range of applications from hand splints to larger orthosis – few materials and storage space required
- Perfect balance between moderate resistance to stretch, moderate drape and good conformability
- Handles well, suitable for the novice and experienced splinter
- Powdered smooth finish – increased patient comfort and compliance
- Self-finishing edges trim easily
- Coated, allowing temporary bonds
Bonding of the Rolyan Tailorsplint Splinting Material
The Rolyan Tailorsplint should be heated in water at 70 to 75°C for 35 seconds for 1 to 2 minutes of working time.
- For a temporary bond, pinch heated surfaces together
- For a permanent bond, remove the coating with spirits or by safely scraping with a sharp instrument
Disclaimer: Please note that this product is supplied in beige, although some of the images above feature a white version (not available).