Rolyan Tailorsplint Perforated Beige 3.2mm Splinting Material (61 x 91cm)
The Rolyan Tailorsplint Perforated Beige 3.2mm Splinting Material (61 x 91cm) is a thermoplastic splinting material with a controlled stretch that shapes easily. Handling well, the Tailorsplint is suitable for suitable for a variety of static, dynamic and progressive splints and can be used by both novice and experience splinters. At 3.2mm thick, this version of the material is the traditional thickness for splints, providing stability and firm support.
- 1 x Sheet of 3.2mm Splinting Material
What Size Is the Splinting Material?
The Roylan Splinting Material measures 61 x 91cm, allowing you to cut it to the required size. It features a thickness of 3.2mm.
Who Can Use the Rolyan Tailorsplint Perforated Beige?
The Rolyan splinting material is suitable for a range of conditions, including, but not limited to, the following:
- Acute trauma
- Pain and joint pathologies
- Neurological pathologies
- Wide variety of upper and lower splints
- Dynamic outrigger base
The Rolyan Tailorsplint Splinting Material features a perfect balance between moderate resistance to stretch, moderate drape and good conformability, meaning that it is a versatile material suitable for most clinical applications. This can help medical facilities save space as fewer materials – and therefore less storage space – will be required. In addition, thanks to 1% perforation, this material can provide improved ventilation and comfort without compromising rigidity.
Handling Characteristics of the Rolyan Tailorsplint 3.2mm
- Adapts effectively to a wide range of applications from hand splints to larger orthosis – few materials and storage space required
- Perfect balance between moderate resistance to stretch, moderate drape and good conformability
- Handles well, suitable for the novice and experienced splinter
- Powdered smooth finish – increased patient comfort and compliance
- Self-finishing edges trim easily
- Coated, allowing temporary bonds
- Perforated for improved ventilation and comfort
Bonding of the Rolyan Tailorsplint Splinting Material
The Rolyan Tailorsplint should be heated for one minute in water at 70 to 75°C for 4 to 6 minutes of working time.
- For a temporary bond, pinch heated surfaces together
- For a permanent bond, remove the coating with spirits or by safely scraping with a sharp instrument
Disclaimer: Please note that this product is supplied in beige, although some of the images above feature a white version.