Rolyan San-Splint Solid Beige Splinting Material
The Rolyan San-Splint Solid Beige Splinting Material is ideal whenever the highest levels of control and rigidity are required. Rolyan’s most rigid thermoplastic, San-Splint is a rubber-based isoprene material which provides maximum resistance to stretch. Uncoated, the material enables easy and secure permanent bonding – perfect for adding strapping, padding and attachments.
The San-Splint Splinting Material is available as either a single sheet or a pack of four sheets. Your required option can be selected from the drop-down menu at the top of the page.
What Size Is the Splinting Material?
The Rolyan Splinting Material measures either 46 x 61cm or 61 x 91cm, with a thickness choice of either 1.6mm or 3.2mm. Your required options can be selected from the drop-down menu at the top of the page.
Handling Characteristics of the Rolyan San-Splint Solid Beige
- Rubber-based isoprene material with a high degree of control and rigidity
- Can be worked aggressively without finger printing
- Maximum resistance to stretch
- Can be softened in a hot air oven or heat pan
- Excellent permanent bonding
- Slightly tacky when heated in order to help maintain splint position – this gives the therapist an extra pair of hands for ease of splint fabrication
- Edges trim easily
- San-Splint 1.6mm provides some of the highest levels of control available in a lightweight material
Who Can Use the Rolyan San-Splint Thermoplastic?
The splinting material is suitable for patients requiring the following:
- Upper and lower limb pathologies
- Splints requiring a high degree of control
- Medium to large splints including body jackets and back supports
- Fracture bracing
- Neurological pathologies
- Shoe orthotics
Bonding of the Rolyan San-Splint Solid
The Rolyan San-Splint splinting material is uncoated, meaning excellent permanent bonding – for secure strapping, padding and attachments – can be achieved.
- San-Splint 1.6mm should be heated for 35 seconds in water at 65 – 70°C, giving 1 minute of working time
- San-Splint 3.2mm should be heated for 1 minute in water at 70 – 75°C, giving 3 – 5 minutes of working time
Disclaimer: Please note that this product is supplied in solid, though the image above features the perforated version.