Rolyan Polyform Solid Beige 3.2mm Splinting Material
The Rolyan Polyform Solid Beige 3.2mm Splinting Material is a highly conformable thermoplastic material that is suitable for the creation of static splints. Well-suited for positioning and holding joints, aiding abnormal tone, contractures and fracture bracing, the Rolyan Polyform Solid Beige Splinting Material is ideal for static, dynamic and progressive splinting of the upper and lower extremities.
- Sheet of Splinting Material
What Size Is the Splinting Material?
The Rolyan Splinting Material measures either 46 x 61cm or 61 x 91cm, allowing you to cut it to the required size as required. It features a thickness of 3.2mm.
Drapable and Conformable
The Rolyan Polyform Solid Beige Splinting Material features a high degree of natural drape. This provides an intimate and precise fit for increased patient comfort and minimal handling. Gentle, smooth motions achieve exceptional results and pressure and splint migration is reduced.
Who Can Use the Rolyan Polyform Solid Beige Splinting Material?
The Solid Rolyan Polyform Splinting is recommended for a number of conditions, including:
- Acute trauma
- Pain and joint pathologies
- Those who cannot tolerate firm handling
- Thumb, finger, wrist and hand based splints
- Dynamic outrigger bases
Bonding of the Rolyan Polyform Splinting Material
The Polyform Splinting Material can bonded in both temporary and permanent fashion:
- For a temporary bond, pinch heated surfaces together
- For a permanent bond, remove the coating with spirits or by safely scraping with a sharp instrument
Heating time should be one minute at 65 – 70°C, giving three to five minutes of working time.
Features of the Polyform Solid Beige Splinting Material
- The most conformable of all Rolyan’s splinting materials
- Natural drape provides an intimate fit
- Good contour leads to reduced pressure areas and reduces splint migration
- Excellent rigidity and strength when set
- Edges finish well
- Coated, allowing temporary bonds
- Biodegradable for easy disposal
- X-ray translucent
- Latex-free for reduced irritation
Please note that this product is supplied in a beige design, although the images on this page display the white version.