Rolyan Polyform Perforated Blue 3.2mm Splinting Material
The Rolyan Polyform Perforated Blue 3.2mm Splinting Material is a highly conformable thermoplastic material which is suitable for the creation of static splints. Well suited for positioning and holding joints, aiding abnormal tone, contractures and fracture bracing, the Rolyan Polyform Perforated Blue Splinting Material is ideal for static, dynamic and progressive splinting of the upper and lower extremities.
- 1 x Sheet of Splinting Material
What Size Is the Splinting Material?
The Rolyan Splinting Material measures either 46 x 61cm or 91 x 61cm, depending on your requirements. Each size features a thickness of 3.2mm, and your required size can be selected from the drop-down menu at the top of the page.
Who Can Use the Rolyan Polyform Perforated Blue Splinting Material?
The Perforated Rolyan Polyform Splinting is recommended for a number of conditions, including:
- Acute trauma
- Pain and joint pathologies
- Those who cannot tolerate firm handling
- Thumb, finger, wrist and hand based splints
- Dynamic outrigger bases
Drapable and Conformable
The Rolyan Polyform Perforated Blue Splinting Material features a high degree of natural drape, providing an intimate and precise fit for increased patient comfort and minimal handling. Gentle, smooth motions achieve exceptional results, reducing pressure and splint migration. Plus, due to its 1% perforation, the splinting material ventilates well for added comfort without compromising rigidity.
Bonding of the Rolyan Polyform Splinting Material
The Polyform Splinting Material can bonded in both temporary and permanent fashion:
- For a temporary bond, pinch heated surfaces together
- For a permanent bond, remove the coating with spirits or by safely scraping with a sharp instrument
Heating time should be one minute at 65 – 70°C, giving three to five minutes of working time. Please note that, due to its perforation, the material softens more quickly once heated.
Features of the Polyform Perforated Blue Splinting Material
- The most conformable of all Rolyan’s splinting materials
- Natural drape provides an intimate fit
- Good contour leads to reduced pressure areas and reduces splint migration
- Excellent rigidity and strength when set
- Edges finish well
- Coated, allowing temporary bonds
- Perforated for improved ventilation and comfort
- Biodegradable for easy disposal
- X-ray translucent
- Latex-free for reduced irritation
Please note that this product is supplied in blue with 1% perforation although the images on this page display the solid white version.