Polyflex II Solid White 2.4mm Splinting Material (46 x 61cm)
The Polyflex II Solid White 2.4mm Splinting Material (46 x 61cm) is a coated latex-free splinting material with moderate resistance to stretch. At 2.4mm, this material provides lightweight support while minimising bulkiness, making it perfect for a wide range of static and dynamic splints where less weight is desired.
- 1 x Sheet of 2.4mm Splinting Material
What Size Is the Splinting Material?
The Roylan Splinting Material measures 46 x 61cm, allowing you to cut it to the required size. It features a thickness of 2.4mm.
Who Can Use the Polyflex II Splinting Material?
The Polyflex II Splinting Material has a number of clinical recommendations, including:
- Pain or joint pathologies
- Dynamic outrigger bases
- Neurological pathologies
- Neck collars and facemasks
- Wrist, hand, finger and thumb splints
The Polyflex II Splinting Material has the optimum combination of resistance to stretch and good conformability and drape, making it suitable for a variety of purposes. Shaping easily for a well-contoured splint, this material has flexibility when set, easing application and removal, and accommodating tonal fluctuations and changes in oedema.
Handling Characteristics of the Polyflex II
- Stretches easily with excellent drape, conforming well to contours to provide a seamless splint
- Flexible when cured allowing the splint to accommodate tonal and postural fluctuations
- A helping hand for patients having difficulty with splint application
- Handle on a horizontal plane and form splint in a gravity-assisted position
- Easy-trim edges for superior finishing
Bonding of the Polyflex II Solid White Splinting Material
The Polyflex II Splinting Material should be heated for one minute in 70 – 75°C water, giving 2 – 3 minutes of working time.
- For a temporary bond, pinch heated surfaces together
- For a permanent bond, remove the coating with spirits or by safely scraping with a sharp instrument