Rolyan Polyflex II Perforated White 3.2mm Splinting Material (61 x 91cm)
The Rolyan Polyflex II Perforated White 3.2mm Splinting Material (61 x 91cm) is a coated, latex-free splinting material with moderate resistance to stretch. At 3.2mm, this material is the traditional thickness for splints, and is ideal for static, dynamic and progressive splinting of the upper and lower extremities.
- 1 x Sheet of 3.2mm Splinting Material
What Size Is the Splinting Material?
The Roylan Splinting Material measures 61 x 91cm, allowing you to cut it to the required size. It features a thickness of 3.2mm.
Who Can Use the Polyflex II Splinting Material?
The Polyflex II Splinting Material has a number of clinical recommendations, including:
- Pain or joint pathologies
- Dynamic outrigger bases
- Neurological pathologies
- Neck collars and facemasks
- Wrist, hand, finger and thumb splints
The Polyflex II Splinting Material has the optimum combination of resistance to stretch and good conformability and drape, making it suitable for a variety of purposes. Shaping easily for a well-contoured splint, this material has flexibility when set, easing application and removal, and accommodating tonal fluctuations and changes in oedema.
Handling Characteristics of the Polyflex II
- Stretches easily with excellent drape, conforming well to contours to provide a seamless splint
- Flexible when cured allowing the splint to accommodate tonal and postural fluctuations
- A helping hand for patients having difficulty with splint application
- Handle on a horizontal plane and form splint in a gravity-assisted position
- Easy-trim edges for superior finishing
- Perforated for improved comfort without compromising rigidity
Bonding of the Polyflex II Perforated White Splinting Material
The Polyflex II Splinting Material should be heated for one minute in 70 – 75°C water, giving 4 – 6 minutes of working time.
- For a temporary bond, pinch heated surfaces together
- For a permanent bond, remove the coating with spirits or by safely scraping with a sharp instrument
Disclaimer: Please note that this product is supplied with 1% perforation, though the images above feature the solid version.