Rolyan Ezeform White 1.6mm Splinting Material (31 x 46cm)
The Rolyan Ezeform White 1.6mm Splinting Material (31 x 46cm) is an uncoated thermoplastic splinting material with highly advanced properties. Combining maximum resistance to stretch with excellent drapability and conformability, Ezeform tolerates handling extremely well, making it ideal for any splints requiring firm handling – please see below for a full list of clinical recommendations.
- 4 x Sheets of Splinting Material
What Size Is the Splinting Material?
The Rolyan Splinting Material measures 31 x 46cm, allowing you to cut it to the required size. It features a thickness of 1.6mm.
Who Can Use the Ezeform Splinting Material?
The splinting material is suitable for people requiring the following:
- Upper and lower limb splinting
- Neurological pathologies
- Splints requiring firm handling
- Functional resting and positioning splints
- Equipment adaptations
At just 1.6mm, this product is half the thickness and half the weight of standard 3.2mm splinting material. This makes it easy to cut when cold and ideal for paediatrics, finger splints, hand-based splints and other areas where a lightweight material is called for.
The Rolyan Ezeform 1.6mm provides some of the highest levels of resistance to stretch available in a lightweight material.
Handling Characteristics of the Rolyan Ezeform Splinting Sheets
- Maximum resistance to stretch with superior draping and conforming qualities
- Slightly tacky when heated to help maintain splint position, giving the therapist an extra pair of hands for easier splint fabrication
- Tolerates handling well
- Edges trim and smooth easily
- Offers maximum resistance to stretch in a lightweight material
Bonding of the Rolyan Ezeform Thermoplastic Splinting Material
The Rolyan Ezeform Splinting Material is uncoated, allowing permanent bonds and the securing of strapping, padding, hinges and outriggers. The material should be heated in water at 70 – 75°C for 35 seconds, giving 1 – 2 minutes of working time.
Available Versions of the Rolyan Ezeform White Splint Material
The Rolyan Ezeform White 31 x 46cm Splinting Material is available in two different versions:
- Solid – for maximum rigidity
- Perforated – one percent perforation for slight ventilation and improved comfort
Disclaimer: This product will be supplied in white, though the image above shows a blue version.