Rolyan Ezeform Charcoal 3.2mm Splinting Material (46 x 61cm)
The Rolyan Ezeform Charcoal 3.2mm Splinting Material (46 x 61cm) is an uncoated thermoplastic splinting material with highly advanced properties. Combining maximum resistance to stretch with excellent drapability and conformability, Ezeform tolerates handling extremely well, making it ideal for any splints requiring firm handling – please see below for a full list of clinical recommendations.
- 1 x Sheet of Splinting Material
What Size Is the Splinting Material?
The Rolyan Splinting Material measures 46 x 61cm, allowing you to cut it to the required size. It features a thickness of 3.2mm.
Who Can Use the Ezeform Splinting Material?
The Ezeform Splinting Material is designed for individuals requiring the following:
- Upper and lower limb splinting
- Neurological pathologies
- Splints requiring firm handling
- Functional resting and positioning splints
- Equipment adaptations
Stability and Firm Support
At 3.2mm thick, this product is the traditional thickness for splints, providing stability and firm support. This makes the material well-suited for a number of functions, including positioning and holding joints, aiding abnormal tone, contractures and fracture bracing. In general, the Rolyan Ezeform 3.2mm is ideal for static, dynamic and progressive splinting of the upper and lower extremities.
Handling Characteristics of the Rolyan Ezeform Splinting Sheets
- Maximum resistance to stretch with superior draping and conforming qualities
- Slightly tacky when heated to help maintain splint position, giving the therapist an extra pair of hands for easier splint fabrication
- Tolerates handling well
- Edges trim and smooth easily
Bonding of the Rolyan Ezeform Thermoplastic Splinting Material
The Rolyan Ezeform Splinting Material is uncoated, allowing permanent bonds and the securing of strapping, padding, hinges and outriggers. The material should be heated in water at 70 – 75°C for one minute, giving 4 – 6 minutes of working time.
Available Versions of the Rolyan Ezeform Charcoal Splint Material
The Rolyan Ezeform Charcoal 46 x 61cm Splinting Material is available in two different versions:
- Solid: for maximum rigidity
- Perforated: provides slight ventilation for improved comfort
Disclaimer: This product will be supplied in charcoal, though the image above shows a blue version.