Rolyan Aquaplast-T Watercolours Metallic Blue 1.6mm Splinting Material (46 x 61cm)
The Rolyan Aquaplast-T Watercolours Metallic Blue 1.6mm Splinting Material (46 x 61cm) is a coated thermoplastic splinting material with a controlled stretch that shapes easily. With 100% memory allowing for re-moulding and splint revision, the Aquaplast-T Watercolours Splinting Material can reduce waste for less experienced therapists.
- 1 x Sheet of 1.6mm Splinting Material
What Size Is the Splinting Material?
The Roylan Splinting Material measures 46 x 61cm, allowing you to cut it to the required size. It features a thickness of 1.6mm.
Who Can Use the Rolyan Aquaplast-T Watercolours?
The Rolyan Aquaplast-T Watercolours is recommended for a number of clinical applications, including:
- Finger and hand splints requiring breathability
- Hand and upper limb splints
- Neurological, visual and attentional deficits
- Occupational splints where conventional white materials can show stains
At just 1.6mm, this product is half the thickness and half the weight of standard 3.2mm splinting material. This makes it easy to cut when cold and ideal for paediatrics, finger splints, hand-based splints and other areas where a lightweight material is called for.
Available Versions of the Rolyan Aquaplast-T Watercolours Metallic Blue
The Rolyan Aquaplast-T Watercolours Metallic Blue 1.6mm Splinting Material is available with UltraPerf 13% perforation only. This makes it ideal for lightweight finger or hand splints requiring breathability.
Handling Characteristics of the Rolyan Aquaplast-T Watercolours 1.6mm
- Bright, vibrant colours encourage paediatric and adult compliance
- The optimum combination of intimate conformability and resistant stretch
- Features 100% memory allowing repeated reheating and economical splint revisions
- Edges trim easily
Bonding of the Rolyan Aquaplast-T Watercolours Splinting Material
The Rolyan Aquaplast-T Watercolours Metallic Blue 1.6mm Splinting Material should be heated for 35 seconds in water at 70° – 75°C for 1 – 2 minutes of working time.
- For a temporary bond, pinch heated surfaces together
- For a permanent bond, remove the coating with spirits or by safely scraping with a sharp instrument
Disclaimer: This particular version of the Aquaplast-T Watercolours is supplied in metallic blue, though the images above display a variety of different colours that are available in the Watercolours range.