Rolyan Aquaplast-T Solid 4.8mm Splinting Material (61 x 91cm)
The Rolyan Aquaplast-T Solid 4.8mm Splinting Material (61 x 91cm) is a coated thermoplastic splinting material with moderate resistance to stretch. Providing the optimum combination of intimate conformability and resistant stretch, Aquaplast-T becomes translucent when heated, allowing easier identification of pressure points and landmarks for positioning to provide maximum comfort.
The splinting material is provided as either a single sheet or a pack of two sheets. Please select your required option from the drop-down menu at the top of the page.
What Size Is the Splinting Material?
The splinting material measures 61 x 91cm, allowing you to cut it to the required size. It features a thickness of 4.8mm.
Who Can Use the Rolyan Aquaplast-T?
The Rolyan Aquaplast-T is recommended for a number of clinical applications, including:
- Serial splints
- Hand, wrist, finger and thumb splints
- Dynamic outrigger bases
- Elbow splints using the pinch and pop technique
At 4.8mm thick, this robust thermoplastic material provides maximum rigidity and support. This makes it ideal for body jackets, abnormal tone splints, lower extremity splints and fracture braces.
Handling Characteristics of the Rolyan Aquaplast-T 4.8mm
- Optimum combination of intimate conformability and resistant stretch
- Features 100% memory, allowing repeated reheating and economical splint revisions
- Translucent when heated
- Edges trim easily
Bonding of the Rolyan Aquaplast-T Splinting Material
The Rolyan Aquaplast-T Solid 4.8mm Splinting Material should be heated for 1 – 2 minutes in water at 70° – 75°C for 4 – 7 minutes of working time.
- For a temporary bond, pinch heated surfaces together
- For a permanent bond, remove the coating with spirits or by safely scraping with a sharp instrument