Life/Form Peritoneal Dialysis Simulator
Specially designed to give dialysis patients the training that they need to administer effective care themselves in future, the Life/Form Peritoneal Dialysis Simulator is an ideal training tool for the realistic demonstration and practice of dialysis procedures. With an indwelling Tenckhoff catheter, this Life/Form torso manikin offers a life-like method for the training of APD (Automated peritoneal dialysis) and CAPD (Continuous ambulatory peritoneal dialysis).
- 1 x Peritoneal dialysis simulator
- 1 x Tenckhoff catheter
- 1 x Hard carry case
- 1 x Instruction manual
Who Can Use the Life/Form Peritoneal Dialysis Simulator?
This training aid is an extremely useful tool for a number of users including:
- Dialysis patients
- Medical students
- Other healthcare professionals
Key Features and Benefits
- For the practice of dialysis procedures
- Ideal for patients, medical students and nurses
- Can be used for the training of APD and CAPD
- Life-like torso for realistic training
- Five-year warranty included
How Do I Use the Simulator?
This Life/Form Peritoneal Dialysis Simulator is intended to be used standing upright. To use the dialysis simulator, you can follow the instructions below:
- Approximately 1.9L reservoir is embedded inside the abdominal area
- Fluids can be introduced and emptied through standard fluid bags to the internal reservoir inside the abdominal area via the permanently installed Tenckhoff catheter
- Distilled water is recommended as a dialysate
- The tube on top of the simulator is designed for air vent and drying
For more information on how to use this dialysis simulator, please refer to the manual below:
- User Instruction Manual
How Realistic Is This Model?
Manufactured from the cast of a live volunteer, this manikin torso has accurate anatomical detail. As such, this trainer can be used by patients and medical students alike for the realistic demonstration and practice of dialysis for use in real-life situations in future.
How Long Will This Simulator Last?
Made with durability in mind, the Life/Form Peritoneal dialysis simulator is made using high quality materials that should provide extended use for many training sessions to come. This product also comes with five-year warranty for your peace of mind.
How Do I Clean the Manikin?
To clean the simulator after use, you can wipe the surface of the manikin using a solution of mild soap and water.
Care and Maintenance of the Peritoneal Dialysis Simulator
- Solvents or corrosive materials will damage the simulator and void the warranty
- The soft vinyl skin stains easily. Avoid contact with newsprint or other printed surfaces as they can leave indelible stains
- When not in continuous use, it is recommended that you store the simulator in its designated case, or cover with a cloth or sheet of plastic
What Other Life/Form Products Are Available?
With over 20-years experience in healthcare simulation, Life/Form are a leading brand in medical and first aid training tools. For more information on the products available, you can browse our range ofLife/Form Manikins and Trainers on our website.