Life/Form Haemodialysis Practice Arm
Specially designed to provide medical students with the skills that they need to perform dialysis on real-life patients, the Life/Form Haemodialysis Practice Arm is an ideal training tool that simulates life-like dialysis for effective training. The practice arm is easy to use and allows students to learn one of the most common types of dialysis whereby a tube is attached to a needle in the patient’s arm for the purpose of filtering their blood.
- 1 x Haemodialysis practice arm
- 1 x Pint of arterial blood
- 1 x Pint of venous blood
- 2 x fluid supply bags
- 1 x Carry case
- 1 x Instruction booklet
- 2 x Fluid supply bags
Who Can Use This Life/Form Haemodialysis Practice Arm?
Designed to aid in the training of haemodialysis, this training aid is extremely useful for a variety of students and practitioners including:
- Medical students
- Other healthcare professionals
Key Features and Benefits
- For the practice of haemodialysis
- Ideal for a wide range of medical individuals
- Realistic features for a life-like training experience
- Made using high quality materials for extended use
- Five-year warranty included
How Realistic Is This Model?
Designed to provide a realistic training experience, this practice arm uses a life-like skin and vascular system that is also replaceable for easy maintenance. The artificial blood also resembles the pale shade that is usually found in dialysis patients. With an established fistula that is accessible, the system can be pressurised with artificial blood so that there is an actual flashback when a needle is introduced.
How Do I Use the Practice Arm?
For detailed guidance on how to use the practice arm for the training of haemodialysis, please refer to the manual below:
- User Instruction Manual
How Do I Clean the Haemodialysis Practice Arm?
To clean this training manikin, you can wash the surface of the practice arm using a mild soap and warm water. To clean the blood from the system after use, please follow the simple steps below:
- After use, disconnect the blood and flush the system
- Unclamp the pinch clamp at the end of the tubing and remove IV sets from the arm
- Use tap water to flush the system through
- Excess water may be removed from the fistula by raising the hand, lowering the upper arm and draining it into a receptacle
- Always drain the excess water from vascular system before storing
Maintenance and Care of the Training Arm
- Avoid using solvents or corrosive materials as this will damage the simulator
- Never place the training arm on any printed paper or plastic that will leave indelible stains
How Long Will This Trainer Last?
Manufactured using high quality materials, this Life/Form Practice Arm is made with durability in mind. As such, this training arm should provide extended use for many training sessions to come. This product also comes with five-year warranty for your peace of mind.
What Other Life/Form Products Are Available?
With more than 20-years experience in healthcare simulation, Life/Form are a leading brand in medical and first aid training solutions. For more information on the products available, you can browse our full range of Life/Form Manikins and Trainers on our website.