Basic Patient Care Manikin
The Basic Patient Care Manikin is ideal training apparatus for important nursing skills. The moveable joints, soft fingers and toes create a life-like simulator to provide a realistic experience for trainee nurses. The adult size model is suitable for a range of procedures, from general care such as bathing to intramuscular injection sites. Supplied with a carrying bag, the manikin can detach at the waist for easy storage and transportation.
Features of the Basic Patient Care Manikin
- Both male and female models available
- Full size, entire body adult manikin
- Realistic and life-like; soft face-skin, hands, feet, fingers and toes
- Moveable head, jaw, elbows, wrists, ankles and knees
- Opening and closing eyes
- Wig supports haircare and surgical draping exercises
- Upper and lower dentures
- Accurate ear canal
- Amputation stump
- 2 x Decubitus ulcers
- Ulcerated foot
- Detaches at waist
Procedures for the Basic Patient Care Manikin
- Ear care: otic drops and irrigation
- Eye care: ophthalmic exercises
- Transverse colostomy, ileostomy, suprapubic stomas
- Intramuscular injection sites in deltoids, quadriceps, upper gluteal region
- Tracheotomy placement
The female model is also suitable for vaginal douching and pap smear exercises due to the realistic vagina and cervix.
What does the Basic Patient Care Manikin Come With?
The manikin is supplied with the following accessories:
- Instruction manual
- Neck brace
The female model also comes with a carrying bag.
Technical Specifications of the Basic Patient Care Manikin
- Dimensions: 109 x 56 x 30.5cm
- Weight: 15.5kg