Aquaplast ProDrape-T UltraPerf White 1.6mm Splinting Material (46 x 61cm)
The Aquaplast ProDrape-T UltraPerf White 1.6mm Splinting Material (46 x 61cm) is a highly conformable thermoplastic material which is suitable for the creation of static splints. At 1.6mm thick, this version of the material is half the traditional thickness for splints, making it easy to cut when cold.
The Aquaplast ProDrape-T Splinting Material is provided as either a single sheet or a pack of four sheets. Please select your required option from the drop-down menu at the top of the page.
What Size Is the Splinting Material?
The Roylan Splinting Material measures 46 x 61cm, allowing you to cut it to the required size. It features a thickness of 1.6mm.
Clinical Recommendations for the Aquaplast ProDrape-T Solid White Splinting Material
The Solid Aquaplast ProDrape-T Splinting Material is recommended for a number of conditions, including:
- Serial splinting (100% memory)
- Acute trauma
- Pain and joint pathologies
- Thumb, finger, wrist and hand based splints
- Dynamic outrigger bases
- Lightweight paediatric splints
Drapable and Conformable
The Aquaplast ProDrape-T Solid White Splinting Material features a high degree of natural drape. This provides an intimate and precise fit for increased patient comfort and minimal handling. Gentle, smooth motions achieve exceptional results and pressure and splint migration is reduced.This splinting material also features 100% memory, meaning repeated reheating is possible for economical splint revisions.
UltraPerf 13% Perforation
This version of the Aquaplast ProDrape-T features UltraPerf 13% perforation. As a result, the material is lighter and provides greater ventilation for improved comfort and compliance.
Features of the ProDrape-T Solid White Splinting Material
- Drapes easily for minimal handling
- Conforms well to contours for an intimate fit
- Perforated for greater ventilation, allowing improved comfort and compliance
- Coated, allowing temporary bonds
- Transparent when heated, allowing identification of pressure points and landmarks
- Increased cost-effectiveness and reduced clinical waste
- Edges trim and rub smooth easily
- Biodegradable for easy disposal
- X-ray translucent
- Latex-free for reduced irritation
Bonding of the Aquaplast ProDrape Splinting Material
The ProDrape Splinting Material can bonded in both temporary and permanent fashion:
- For a temporary bond, pinch heated surfaces together
- For a permanent bond, remove the coating with spirits or by safely scraping with a sharp instrument
Heating time should be 30 seconds at 65 – 70°C, giving one minute of working time.